The Banana Cake or “Banana Bread Recipe” is an easy recipe and if you are a beginning baker, this recipe is just right for you.
Make the banana bread for your brunch or breakfast, it is great to bring to a potluck party or for the holiday table. It is also great for a party or makes a nice home made gift.
If you have ripe bananas left over, you know the brown ones, that nobody wants to eat anymore, use them for banana bread.
Ingredients Banana Bread Recipe
280 g light brown sugar (9.5 oz)
2 eggs (at room temperature)
200 g ripe bananas (200 g without peel) (7 oz)
280 g plain flour (9.5 oz)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1,5 tsp cinnamon
1,5 tsp ground ginger
0,5 tsp ground cloves
0,5 tsp ground nutmeg
140 g butter, melted and cooled (4.9 oz)
Cooking Instructions Banana Bread Recipe
– Beat sugar and eggs using an electric mixer until thick and fluffy, at least 15 minutes.
– Mash the bananas and add to the mixture. Sieve the flour, baking powder, bicarb and spices, mix well again and lastly add the melted butter.
– Butter and line a loaf tin (approx. 1 liter (4 cups), 23 x 13 cm / 9″x5″) and pour the batter into this.
– Bake at 170 degrees C (340 F) on the middle rack for 1 hour.
– Cover with a sheet of baking paper the last 15 minutes to avoid the cake becoming too dark on top.
– Leave to cool on a baking grid.