I love this cucumber salad because it combines summer and autumn flavors. In this cucumber salad the bitterness of the extra virgin olive oil and the toasted aroma of the almond balance the sweetness of the white grapes. Apples and cucumbers adds crunch and coolness to the salad, they have a fairly neutral flavor that work well with the other ingredients. A special touch to cucumber salad is given by the mint leaves aroma.
Ingredients Cucumber Salad (serves 4)
15 white grapes
extra virgin olive oil
4-5 mint leaves
– Bring the water to boil in a small pan (about 0.5 l).
– When the water boils, turn off the heat and pour the almonds into the water, let them soak for 3 minutes. Remove the almonds from the water using a colander, then remove easily the peel with your fingers.
– Put the almonds on a baking tray and toast them with the grill of the oven until they are golden and crisp, then chop them coarsely.
– Peel and cut the cucumbers, season with a little ‘salt, add apple chunks. Cut each white grape in half, remove the seeds and add them to the other ingredients.
– Add the almonds and drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil, add mint leaves.
Recipe from www.recipeswitholiveoil.com