Today we talk about one famous American dessert recipe which probably everyone knows: Delicious Peach Cobbler Recipe. There are many variations and ways to make it. We spend some time to find and try a recipe that is not just easy but also delicious. Children can even make it! The best is to use fresh peaches or if you use from a can then the syrup should be unsweetened. We used coconut sugar which makes the dough brown. And this recipe has “only” 1.5 cups of sugar. The whipped cream is only flavored with vanilla extract and contains no sugar. If you have chopped almonds you can sprinkle them on top and enjoy the cobbler with some vanilla ice cream. Now we are in heaven!
Ingredients Delicious Peach Cobbler Recipe
1 stick unsalted butter
1,5 cups all purpose flour
1 cup plus 2 tbsp organic cane or coconut sugar Plus
2 tsp baking powder
1,5 cups milk
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp almond extract
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon juice
2 pounds fresh peaches (about 4 cups peeled and sliced)
Baking Instructions Delicious Peach Cobbler Recipe
– Heat oven to 350 F.
– place the butter in a 13 x 9 inches fire proof form and set it on middle rack of the oven
– Mix flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
– Add the milk and 1 tsp almond and vanilla extract.
– Mix well until you get a smooth dough.
– Peel peaches, remove core and all red core parts.
– Cut each peach in 4-6 slices.
– Toss peaches with 2 tbsp sugar and 1 tsp almond and vanilla extract.
– Check if butter has melted, and if so, remove form from oven.
– Pour dough into form; arrange fruit over batter.
– Bake for 45-50 min until the peach cobbler shows a golden brown color.
– Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
NOTE: if you use coconut sugar the dough will not be light. The peach cobbler will have a brownish color (see photo, we used coconut sugar).