Learn today how to make this easy Cucumber Apple Almonds Grape Salad. It combines the flavors of summer and fall. In this cucumber salad the bitterness of the extra virgin olive oil and the toasted aroma of the almond balance the sweetness of the white grapes. Apples and cucumbers adds crunch and coolness to the salad, they have a fairly neutral flavor that work well with the other ingredients. A special touch to cucumber salad is given by the mint leaves aroma.
Ingredients Easy Cucumber Apple Almonds Grape Salad
3 medium size cucumbers
20 blanched almonds
15 white grapes
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4-5 fresh mint leaves
Cooking Instructions Easy Cucumber Apple Almonds Grape Salad
– In a small pan bring water to boil (about 0.5 l).
– When the water boils, turn off the heat, and place almonds in the water. Let them soak for 3 minutes. Remove almonds from the water using a slotted spoon. Now you can peel them by just sliding them out of the peel.
– Place almonds on a baking tray and toast them under the broiler until they are golden and crisp, then chop them coarsely or cut in halves.
– Peel apple, remove core, cut in cubes.
– If cucumbers are organic don’t peel them.
– Spice with salt to taste, add apple cubes.
– Cut each white grape in half, remove the seeds and add them to the salad.
– Add almonds and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
– Decorate with mint leaves.
Recipe from www.recipeswitholiveoil.com