Ingredients Fish and Chips
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 x 150g pieces sustainable white fish fillet, skinned
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100g natural breadcrumbs without spices
Cooking Instructions Fish and Chips
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC or 375 F
- Peel the potatoes, cut in 5 slices lengthways, then cut each slice into chips. Place in a bowl, add the oil and toss to coat.
- Lift out of the bowl, so any excess oil drains off, and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Wipe the fish. Mix the flour with a little salt and pepper on one plate. Put the beaten egg on another and the breadcrumbs on a third plate. Coat the fish in the seasoned flour, then in beaten egg, then breadcrumbs to coat completely.
- Place the fish on a piece of baking parchment on a separate baking sheet. Bake the fish on the center shelf and the chips on the top shelf for 15 minutes, then swap the positions so the chips are in centre, and the fish on top, Move and turn the chips for even browning and cook a further 10–15 minutes until both are golden and cooked through.Recipe Source Saga.co.uk