Vanilla has such a nice flavor and fragrance that we thought you might like this recipe: Homemade Vanilla sauce. This sauce is a great additive for ice creams, puddings and custards and cakes. In Germany they pour it over dumplings and enjoy it with a piece of apple strudel. Interested in making an authentic apple strudel? Here is the recipe – Click to go to the Apple strudel recipe –
Ingredients Home Made Sweet Vanilla Sauce
3 egg yolks, organic
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp vanilla sugar – How to make Vanilla Sugar –
or alternatively 1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp corn starch
1 vanilla bean
350 ml milk
Cooking Instructions Home Made Sweet Vanilla Sauce
– With a sharp knife cut the vanilla bean lengthwise.
– With a small spoon remove the pulp.
– Mix the egg yolks, sugar and vanilla sugar, starch and vanilla pulp.
– Mix until it is smooth.
– Add the milk and the vanilla bean.
– Warm on low heat while stirring continuously until the sauce is thickening.
IMPORTANT: Don’t bring it to a boil!
Serve it warm.