Home made cookies are the best… especially for the day celebrating love. Bake for him or her the Valentine’s Heart Shaped Cookies
Ingredients Valentine’s Heart Shaped Cookies
1 jar (340 g) raspberry jam
powdered sugar for dusting the cookies
150 g cold butter
75 g powdered sugar
225 g flour
1 egg yolk
1 dash salt
you need 2 cookie cutter hearts, one 5 cm (2 inches) diameter, the other one smaller (2-3cm or 1 inch)
Baking Instructions Valentine’s Heart Shaped Cookies
For the dough
– Cut butter in cubes.
– Place butter cubes, powdered sugar, flour, egg yolk and salt in a bowl and mix it with the kneading hooks first, then knead it with hands (have hands dusted with flour) until you get a smooth dough.
– Wrap dough in foil and place it at least for 30 minutes in the fridge.
– For the cookies roll the dough 2mm (less than 1/4 inch, so quite thin) and with a heart shaped cookie cutter cut about 80 hearts out of the dough; with the smaller cookie cutter cut 40 hearts out of the bigger hearts.
– Bake all cookies in pre-heated oven for about 10 minutes on 175 degrees C or 347 F.
– Bring jam to a boil and squeeze it through a sieve, let it cool off a bit.
– Place 1-2 tsp of jam on the cookies without the whole.
– Dust the cookies with the hole with powdered sugar.
– Place on each cookie heart one with a hole.