This delicious Italian Tuscan pumpkin soup recipe is inspired by the beautiful region of Italy, the Tuscany. Of course it contains rice, spinach and Parmesan cheese. A wonderful soup for fall when pumpkins are ripe. This Tuscan pumpkin soup is more thick then thin and looks green because of the spinach.
Ingredients Italian Tuscan Pumpkin Soup Recipe
4 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion
500 g pumpkin meat
2 medium sized potatoes
1 l vegetable broth
100 g fresh spinach
150 g white rice
salt, pepper to taste
4 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
Cooking Instructions Italian Tuscan Pumpkin Soup Recipe
– Boil rice.
– Chop onion fine; cup pumpkin meat into cubes.
– Peel potatoes and cut into cubes.
– Fry onions and pumpkin in olive oil, add potatoes.
– Add milk and broth, bring to a boil, then let it boil on low heat until pumpkin meat is soft.
– Add spinach, let it boil for another 2 minutes (low heat).
– Puree the soup through a sieve or use a stick mixer.
– Then mix the soup with the rice and bring it to a boil, if the soup is too thick add more broth.
– Spice with salt and pepper to taste, serve with grated Parmesan cheese.