The Jack Daniel’s Pulled Pork Crock Pot Sandwich is deliciously yummy. This is originally taken from a crock pot BBQ chicken recipe, but I changed it to use pork shoulder meat. The sauce is scrumptious and has a sweetness to it, while the coleslaw gives it a cool, creamy taste. Pile the meat and coleslaw onto a Kings Hawaiian roll and you’ve got a delectably moist and tangy meal.
Ingredients (Makes 6 servings)
Prep Time: 20 min
Total cooking time: 7-8 hours
2 tsp table salt
1 1/2 tsp paprika powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 (3-4-lb) pork butt
1/2 cup coca cola
1/3 cup ketchup
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp jack Daniels
6 King’s Hawaiian buns
- Stir together first 4 ingredients in a small bowl rub over meat. Place pork in lightly greased 6-qt slow cooker.
- Whisk together cola soft drink and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Slowly pour mixture around pork and avoid removing spices from pork.
- Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours or until meat easily pulls apart.
- Transfer pork to a serving platter.
- Skim fat from pan juices in slow cooker and pour pan juice over meat.
Shred the pork with 2 forks, discard any fat; you can warm a little Jack Daniels BBQ sauce in the microwave. Add to the shredded pork and mix if needed.
Top buns with pork and coleslaw.