These Italian style biscuits are very buttery, they melt in your mouth, delicious and are a perfect appetizer together with a glass of light red wine.
The recipe comes originally from the site RaspberryCupcakes.com where they used black olives. This recipe below has some slight changes, it is containing a bit more green olives and some more pepper. Nevertheless it came out well. Enjoy these appetizer biscuits with a glass of light red wine.
Ingredients Savory Biscuits with Olives
Servings: 40 biscuits | Cooking time: 80 Minutes
60 gr olives black or green
2 tsp black pepper
1 egg yolk
4 tbsp granulated sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
280 gr sweet butter, softened
300 grams flour
Cooking Instructions Savory Biscuits with Olives
– In a bowl beat the egg yolks with the sugar and salt, add pepper and baking powder.
– Add the softened butter and mix with a fork.
– remove the pit from the olives if necessary and chop them, add them to the mixture and then add the flour, stirring constantly.
– If the dough is very soft, add a little more flour.
– Place the mixture on a work surface and knead until smooth.
– Form a cylinder with a diameter of about 6 inches and let it rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
– After this time, cut the roll into slices about 1 cm thick, place on baking tray covered with parchment paper and bake at 180 C or 340F for about 10 minutes.