Take a ripe avocado and enjoy it with home made mayonnaise. Sinful. Delicious. Here is the long searched for recipe on how to make “Homemade Mayonnaise”. Why purchasing mayonnaise with chemicals, preservatives and high fructose syrup? It is not necessary. Your homemade mayonnaise will be so much better and it lasts up to 2 weeks in the fridge. You just need a stick or immersion mixer and the mayonnaise is done in 1 minute. Depending on the olive oil you are using you can create a heavenly mayonnaise. Why not give it a shot?
Ingredients Homemade Mayonnaise
(makes about 200ml mayonnaise)
1 egg, organic
1 egg yolk, organic
150 ml of extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp mild mustard
1/2 tbsp apple vinegar, organic (you can add a bit more but do a taste test before)
1 pinch of salt, pepper and a hint of nutmeg
– Use a deep bowl and place all ingredients into it.
– Place all ingredients in a deep bowl. Put your stick mixer (immersion blender) in the bowl and turn it on. Shortly the mayonnaise will start to form as the oil blends with the eggs.
– Move the blender up and down until all ingredients are blended and the mayonnaise is firm.
– It bis better to use cold ingredients directly from the fridge.
– If you can get a special olive oil with some special flavor, use it. Like a small batch from an olive farm.
– Keep the mayonnaise in a jar in the fridge. It stays fresh for up to 2 weeks.
– Always use a fresh spoon or knife when getting some mayonnaise out of the jar.
Making mayonnaise with an immersion blender