The slow cooker beef pot roast is one of my favorites when I don’t feel like cooking for hours in my kitchen. The preparation takes about 20 minutes of your time. That’s it. The rest does the slow cooker or crock pot – If you like to find out more about the slow cooker – click here
Ingredients Slow Cooker Beef Pot Roast
1-2 lb chuck roast beef
3-4 medium size potatoes
2 spring onions
1 small onion
2 celery stalks
10 small brown mushrooms
1 cup broth (beef or vegetable) or red wine
1 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
salt, pepper, flour, mild paprika powder
Cooking Instructions Slow Cooker Pot Roast
– rub salt, pepper and paprika onto the meat, then flour it all around.
– heat ghee in a skillet and brown the meat from all sides, take off heat.
– peel potatoes, cut them in half then quarters.
– peel carrots, cut in coarse slices
– cut washed and cleaned leek, celery and spring onions in coarse clices too.
– peel onion and cut in quarters.
– cut washed and cleaned mushrooms in half.
– place potatoes, carrots, leek, celery, spring onions and onions first into slow cooker.
– place meat on top, then add mushrooms.
– make the instant broth and add at last.
– Cook for 4-6 hours depending on the size of the meat on high, on low add 2-3 more hours.
When meat is done, you can take it easily apart with a wooden spoon, take everything out of the slow cooker with a slotted spoon and place it into a separate bow into the warm oven.
Make the gravy:
– pour all juice through a sieve into a pan.
– melt 2 tbsp butter in a separate pan, sieve 2 tbsp flour over it and brown it on low heat.
– Add juice and bring to aboil, it should be thick. If not add more flour or potato starch.
– add a splash of heavy cream, spice with salt and pepper as needed.
Serve with rice or pasta and lettuce.