Sumptuous, mouth-watering and incredibly more-ish, what’s not to like about chocolate? If you can’t get enough of this indulgent delight, then here are five cocoa-based recipes to whet your appetite. Simple and satisfying, you’ll want to come back to these recipes time and again.
Top 5 Chocolate Recipes: Chocolate Tart
1 tablespoon each of flour and cocoa, 200g dark chocolate, 300ml thick cream, 4 egg yolks and 100g sugar.
Instructions Chocolate Tart
Grease a rectangular tart tin with a removable base. Place a glass bowl over a saucepan of boiling water. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate pieces so they melt (no need to stir). Once melted, stir in the cream. Allow mixture to cool. Whisk together the egg yolks and sugar. Pour the melted chocolate onto the whisked mixture, stirring gently. Pour the chocolate mixture into the tin. Bake in a preheated oven at 140C for about 40 minutes, until set. Allow to cool and then refrigerate for an hour, before eating.
Top 5 Chocolate Recipes: Chocolate Sorbet
Cooking Instructions Chocolate Sorbet
– Place 200g sugar in a bowl, sift in 50g cocoa, and stir.
– Bring 600ml water to the boil in a pan.
– Whisk in the sugar and cocoa and return to a simmer, whisking occasionally.
– Remove from the heat and stir in 50g dark chocolate, chopped up, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
– Cool and place the mixture in the fridge for a few hours.
– Make the sorbet in an ice-cream machine or pour into a container and freeze.
– Whisk and then freeze again for 1 more hour.
– Repeat this one more time, then leave until frozen.
Top 5 Chocolate Recipes: Chocolate Hazelnut Fudge
Cooking Instructions Chocolate Hazelnut Fudge
– Grease a square cake tin.
– Melt a tablespoon of butter in a pan.
– Stir in 150ml of evaporated milk and 200g sugar.
– Boil over a medium heat and stir constantly.
– Simmer the mixture, stirring for about 5 minutes.
– Remove from heat and add 80g of halved hazelnuts and 300g chocolate chips.
– Stir until the chips are melted.
– Pour the mixture into the tin, even it out.
– Chill until firm and cut into squares.
Top 5 Chocolate Recipes: Hot Chocolate Milkshake
Cooking Instructions Hot Chocolate Milkshake
– Break 200g plain chocolate into pieces and place in a pan with 600ml milk.
– Heat on medium-low heat until the chocolate melts.
– Bring almost to the boil, and whisk regularly.
– Pour into mugs.
– Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and some mini marshmallows.
Top 5 Chocolate Recipes: Chocolate Cookies
A perfect tea-time treat, which goes well with a cup of tea, or for real chocoholics serve them with a hot chocolate milkshake!
Cooking Instructions Chocolate Cookies
– Add 1 and a half cups of plain flour, half a cup of cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of baking powder and a pinch of salt to a bowl.
– In a pan, combine 2 cups of chopped chocolate pieces and 2 tablespoons of butter.
– Cook until melted.
– In another bowl, beat half a cup of butter with a mixer, add 1 and a half cups of brown sugar, and beat together.
– Beat in 3 eggs.
– Combine the melted chocolate mixture with 1 tsp vanilla extract.
– Add the flour mixture and combine well.
– Stir in one cup of chopped chocolate pieces.
– Place mixture into rounds on a cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
– Bake for about 10 minutes at 350 F.