Torta Caprese Cake is an Italian Glutenfree cake after an Original Italian Recipe.
If you find some nice untreated lemons, I recommend you try this caprese cake, white chocolate version, but no less tasty. It is prepared the day before because this cake reaches its full flavor after at least 12 hours of rest. The taste (and smell) is irresistible, in fact I have not been able to wait for the next day!
Were the twenties of the last century and it is said that the chef Carmine Di Fiore forgot to put the flour in a cake made of almonds and chocolates made for three criminals, arrived in Capri for Al Capone. The result of the unintended creation, however, was so good that the three Americans demanded the recipe and on the spur of the chef called it ”caprese”, starting to produce on a regular basis.
(source ””Zeppole, struffoli e chiffon rosso” by Cecilia Coppola)
The original caprese cake requires only four ingredients: chocolate, butter, eggs and almonds, no flour and no yeast. Over the years, this cake was repeated in various versions with lemon, limoncello (Italian lemon liquor), white chocolate.
Ingredients Torta Caprese Cake Glutenfree
blanched almonds – 200 gr
white chocolate – 200 gr
eggs – 5
sugar – 150 gr
soft butter – 150 gr
organic lemons – 4
Limoncello liqueur – 1 shot (optional)
sliced almonds – 1 tablespoon
icing sugar – to decorate
mint leaves – to decorate
Cooking Instructions Torta Caprese Cake Glutenfree
– Blend the almonds in a blender with the chocolate and sugar. Then add the butter in flakes and blend again.
– Pour everything into a large bowl and add the eggs one at a time, limoncello, zest of 3 lemons and 3 tablespoons of juice and stir until mixture is smooth.
– Line a baking pan with parchment paper to 26 cm in diameter, washed and drained, pour the mixture and bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees for 1 hour.
– Let the cake stand at room temperature for about 12 hours.
– Place the caprese on a serving dish and sprinkle with icing sugar.
– Cut the remaining lemon into thin slices and decorate the cake, complete with the sliced almonds and mint leaves.
Recipe by www.tortadirose.it