Home made cookies are the best… especially for the day celebrating love. Bake for your beloved one something special such as the Valentines Heart Shaped Cookies.
Ingredients Valentines Heart Shaped Cookies
1 jar (340 g) raspberry jam
powdered sugar for dusting the cookies
150 g cold butter
75 g powdered sugar
225 g flour
1 egg yolk
1 dash salt
you need 2 cookie cutter hearts, one 5 cm (2 inches) diameter, the other one smaller (2-3cm or 1 inch)
Baking Instructions Valentines Heart Shaped Cookies
For the dough
– Cut butter in cubes.
– Place butter cubes, powdered sugar, flour, egg yolk and salt in a bowl and mix it with the kneading hooks first, then knead it with hands (have hands dusted with flour) until you get a smooth dough.
– Wrap dough in foil and place it at least for 30 minutes in the fridge.
– For the cookies roll the dough 2mm (less than 1/4 inch, so quite thin) and with a heart shaped cookie cutter cut about 80 hearts out of the dough; with the smaller cookie cutter cut 40 hearts out of the bigger hearts.
– Bake all cookies in pre-heated oven for about 10 minutes on 175 degrees C or 347 F.
– Bring jam to a boil and squeeze it through a sieve, let it cool off a bit.
– Place 1-2 tsp of jam on the cookies without the whole.
– Dust the cookies that have the hole with powdered sugar.
– Place on each cookie heart one with a hole.