Vegetable risotto for the Italian in you! This is an ideal dish for vegetarians. It is easy to make you just need to have the right rice. I always use Italian risotto from Italy. The cooking time might vary from rice to rice. The risotto is done when the rice grains are soft but not too much – kind of al dente.
Ingredients Vegetable Risotto (serves 2-3)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion small-medium
1 cup Italian risotto rice
2 cups assorted vegetable (eg. carrots, leek, celery, spring onions)
salt, fresh grated black pepper as needed
1 cube vegetable instant broth organic like from Rapunzel
2 cups water
Cooking Instructions Vegetable Risotto
– heat oil then add chopped onions and saute for 1 minute.
– add rise and mix well, saute for 1 minute.
– add water and instant broth, bring to a boil then reduce heat.
– add salt and grate some pepper
– add chopped or sliced vegetable and let it simmer for about 25 minutes, stir frequently; add water if it gets too thick. Risotto should not be thick nor mushy.
– shortly before it is done add chopped parsley.
Serve with grated Parmesan cheese and lettuce.