The zucchini basil soup is ideal for summer when you can either harvest the zucchinis from your garden or you find them at the local farmers market. It’s an easy soup recipe that is healthy especially when using organic ingredients. Our favorite instant broth is from Rapunzel, made in Switzerland. It contains no chemicals and bad ingredient such as other instant broths do. Don’t use the ones from Kraft or Knorr that are available in regular super markets. We love healthy and organic food.
Ingredients Zucchini Basil Soup
2 small- medium size zucchini, organic
1 tbsp butter
1-2 tsp fresh chopped basil, organic
3/4 l vegetable broth (instant eg Rapunzel broth)
100ml creme fraiche or heavy cream
pepper and salt to taste
1-2 tsp lemon juice
– peal onions, shop fine, wash zucchini, cut of the upper and lower ends, slice them. Keep some for decoration
– melt butter in a pot, add onions, zucchini and basil. Saute for 8-10 min on low heat, stir several times.
– using a stick mixer puree the zucchini mix, add broth, and half of the cream fraiche.
– spice to taste, add lemon juice.
– fill the soup in soup bowls and decorate with a splash of creme fraiche and zucchini slices.